STEP Programme applications deadline approaches
Release Date: 21/03/2018 09:46
The Department for Enterprise STEP Programme is run each year, providing undergraduate students the opportunity to develop their knowledge in their field of study, and the deadline for application is fast approaching 3FM reports.
Every year, the Department for Enterprise and STEP consultant, Ian Moncrief-Scott, recruit the Island’s brightest and most enterprising undergraduates and matches them with the specific needs of Island based organisations to undertake a skill-centric project to improve the business. This is an invaluable and exciting opportunity open to all second or penultimate year undergraduates that could make a real difference to your future career prospects.
Taking part in the programme offers you many benefits including;
- The chance to apply the theory you have learnt on your degree course with the chance to learn new workplace skills
- The programme is an excellent addition to your CV as it is widely recognised that students who are participate in the programme are more likely to obtain work once they graduate
- £240 per week for 8 – 12 weeks with up to 4 days leave entitlement
What projects can be undertaken?
There are virtually no restrictions on the type of project an organisation can choose, but examples include:
- Manufacturing concept, design and development
- Setting up IT and/or accountancy systems
- Design and implementation of websites
- Marketing plans
- Setting up of systems e.g. ISO 9000, ISO 14001, IIP, H&S etc.
- Design of company literature
- Analysis of production methods
- Environmental audits and follow-up work
- Design of new product concepts
Find out more
The STEP Programme is a great opprtunity for both businesses and students alike, more information on Gov.im.